Last updated: 25 May 2018
The Glendale Women’s Cafe (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates https://glendalewomenscafe.org.uk (the “Site”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection And Use
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name and email address (“Personal Information”).
Your data and your right to access Personal Information
It’s very important to us that you feel comfortable with the way in which your data is used and stored by us.
You have the right, under the GDPR, to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request a correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information, ensuring your ‘right to be forgotten’. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below). You should be aware that, for legal reasons, we may be unable to erase certain information.
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you would like to make a request, please contact us and we will endeavour to answer and deal with your request as speedily as possible. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information. However, we may have to charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is deemed unfounded or excessive.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website (“Log Data”) using Google Analytics.
This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
We will only use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters and information about the Glendale Women’s Cafe and our activities. Your name and email address will be stored securely with MailChimp on servers in the United States. MailChimp may not supply this information to third parties unless there is a legal obligation to do so.
MailChimp lawfully transfers EU/EEA personal data to the U.S. pursuant to our Privacy Shield Certification. MailChimp also complete a SOC II Type 2 examination on an annual basis for the Trust Principal Criteria of Security, Processing Integrity, Confidentiality, and Availability.
Glendale Women’s Cafe has a Data Processing Agreement with MailChimp in order to meet the requirements of the GDPR. This permits us to continue to lawfully transfer EU personal data to MailChimp and permits MailChimp to continue to lawfully receive and process that data so we can send you newsletters about what we are up to.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. In the event of a breach of security you will be notified within 3 days of its discovery.